- Match Me If You Can is a variant of Authors Cards type games, and uses interrogation (asking questions of other players) and set collection (making groups of similar things).
- The Nature Hike combines roll and move (rolling a die and moving a number of spaces, typical of American games) and hand management (collecting and playing cards at an appropriate time).
- The Scavenger Hunt uses cooperation (all players are working together toward a common goal), trading (exchange of game resources between players) and roll and move.
- Hide and Seek includes memory (remembering where certain game elements are located after they’re revealed) and point to point movement (you can only travel along specific paths a distance indicated by your movement option).
- The Treasure Hunt has many mechanics, among them interrogation, hand management, memory, point to point movement, and set collection.
But in the end, it’s how the mechanics are combined to support the game’s theme that makes the game unique and fun. Can you identify any of the mechanics in your favorite games?